What you’ll learn
- Roll your own Hot-reloading Webpack boilerplate from scratch. Optimize your Frontend Assets for Quick, small Production Code.
- Build a Portfolio or Blog with Markdown Based Posts Deep dives into code, including Webpack Plugins and Loaders
- Build a Multi-domain app like SquareSpace, WordPress MU or Tumblr
- Use the Chrome DevTools to debug, inspect and audit the performance of their code.
- Secure Your Site in the Cloud with SSL and Heroku
- You should have some initial training or experience working with code and installing programs.
- You should have a desire to move quickly and dive deeply into the why and how of these libraries
- You should know what the command line is and have a code editor and be prepared to follow along.
The final project is a doozy. We expand the portfolio site to a multi-domain node rewrite of WordPress MU, Tumblr or SquareSpace. So you can run multiple domain names from a single node server process. We dig into the latest Webpack 4 features, including Server-side Rendering, dynamic imports with “magic comments” and we finish with Universal React components and CSS Chunks in Parallel. You will definitely want to get to the end of this course. Along the way I’ll discuss all the frameworks and libraries Webpack integrates with. Whether you’re working on an legacy Rails or other backend project or just want to create something beautiful with EJS, Pug, Handlebars, Sass, Less or Stylus, CSS Modules, Angular or Vue JS there’s a method and I’ll give you the keys to build your site the way you want it. Thank you for considering this course. I put everything I had into it. I’ll add more lessons every couple of weeks. Please enjoy and reach out to me with any questions. I’ve love to help and learn what’s still confusing. – Law
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants visual, code-driven guidance through more than the usual webpack setup.
- Anyone who wants to see working examples of real-world webpack weirdness and edge-cases not covered in other courses.