UDEMY [100% OFF]. Enroll for free – SQL Crash Course for Aspiring Data Scientist
What you’ll learn
- You will learn the basic SQL Statements necessary to pull data from a database.
- You will learn how to read database documentation.
- You will learn how to access data without the help of IT.
- You will learn how SQL can be used with Python, and Apache Spark to perform common data science task.
- You will need to be able to install software on your machine.
- This course requires a copy of PostgreSQL.
- This course requires a copy of the Anaconda distribution of Python.
- This course requires a free account with Databricks.
The problem with online learning and self-guided learning, especially in programming, is that you are often not certain exactly where to get started on your journey. But you do know that having to run to the IT department whenever you need data pulled, or need a dataset to be created, can sometimes leave you stranded. SQL, as an easy programming language designed for interacting with relational databases, is your starting point when it comes to anything data related.
The user base of SQL is so deep that many big data technologies utilize some kind of port of SQL. The problem with other SQL for data science classes is that, by only covering SQL itself, they leave you hanging on your journey to data science mastery, much like when you have to rely on IT to meet your data needs.
With Mass Street University, that journey does not end with bare bones knowledge of SQL. DSCI100: SQL Crash Course for Data Science is designed to quickly get you up to speed on the basics of using SQL. But this course does more than give you the SQL foundation you need to work with data. In DSCI100, we extend your journey by teaching you some real data science. By demonstrating how Python and Apache Spark interact with SQL in hands-on labs, we teach you how SQL is actually used in a data science workflow once you have mastered the basics.
At the end of the course, you will be able to work with relational databases to pull the necessary data you need to perform complex analyses…without the assistance of IT. You will also have a good understanding of how to use SQL with common data science languages. No other course will grant you the tools and fuel that allow you to take control of your journey. Enroll today for a real, self-sufficient path to data science excellence.
Who this course is for:
- Anybody wanting to enter the data science career field.
- Scientist and academics that do not normally interact with databases.
- Practicing data scientist that do not normally interact with databases.