What you’ll learn
- Get the skills and confidence to create basic mobile app screens & logos using Sketch
- Design a mobile app that looks amazing
- Submit app designs for contests on crowdfunding sites
- Students will need a Full or Trial version of Sketch running on one of the following:
- A Mac running OSX
- A PC running a virtual mac OSX environment
Welcome to the preview version of the Hands on Sketch training for learning mobile app design. In this version of the course, I’ll walk you step-by-step through the process of duplicating your first app screen, a few popular logos and a really cool metallic button, all using Sketch. Upon completion, you’ll have a good introduction to using Sketch. For an advanced understanding, I recommend enrolling in the full version of the course. What kind of App screens will I be duplicating in this course?: Facebook mobile app Basic versions of popular mobile app Icons A really cool looking metallic button Sketch 3 is an amazing product that’s gaining in popularity as the top tool for designing mobile apps due to its very intuitive controls and ease of use. If you’re interested in designing your own mobile apps, this is a great course to get your feet wet.
Course Outline: Start with the basics: We’ll cover Artboards and Layers (get the full version for more) Mobile App Screen: Follow along as we recreate a detailed facebook mobile app screen Mobile App Icons: Duplicate some common beginner mobile app icons Additional Content: Sharpen your skills by re-creating an awesome looking metallic button
Class Resources & Support: You’ll see the process I use when designing and where I get my resources If you have a question, a comment, or need help, post it in the Q & A section Once enrolled, you can join us on the Slack group chat to talk about the course and get feedback from myself and others who are also enrolled. Contact me to request an invitation.
Who this course is for:
- Do it yourselfers interested in designing a mobile app People looking to test the waters of Graphic Design and possibly change careers
- Developers interested in becoming a double-threat by creating app screens Experienced designers who want to learn Sketch
- Business Analysts who want to create mockups