What you’ll learn
- Students will gain an appreciation and understanding of how one’s everyday work life intersects faith in King Jesus.
- Students will find out how the various cultures surrounding the Christians would have viewed them and how important work was viewed in the ancient world.
- Students will understand the various problems that arise when a new ‘family’, called the ‘people of God’, begin to live in the light of a Gospel of grace and love.
- A recent translation of the Bible
- A curious mind
We are all engaged in some kind of work, whether it comes with a paycheck or not. Regardless of the kind of work you do, from bussing tables, to taking care of your home and family, to managing a business, chances are you want to find meaning in your endeavors. In this intriguing online course, Professor N.T. Wright examines a series of Biblical texts that discuss how Christians should consider the work they do. As you’re guided through Old and New Testament teachings, you’ll discover concrete actions you can take to live out the fullness of being in the image of God, and become an agent for positive change in a broken society.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in creating a more meaningful life through Biblical wisdom
- Clergy looking for resources or inspiration to enhance their sermons and other work in the church, as well as their personal ongoing spiritual journey
- Fans of N.T. Wright interested in Professor Wright’s insights on bringing more spirituality to their work life